If you are one among the many women (and men) who have packed on a few extra pounds due to over-indulgence in festive goodies, don’t feel lonely. Unfortunately, those 5-10 lbs are pretty apparent, in the form of cellulite. Nonetheless, there exists a few tested methods of reducing the ugly dimpled appearance of your skin. Among the most effective, exercises are a natural remedy to get rid of unwanted cellulite naturally. In just four short weeks, you can actually notice visible improvement by following an exercise program designed to target your cellulite problem areas; such as your thighs, belly and buttocks.
Most folks don’t really enjoy exercise, which is unfortunate, because it is such an effective way to support good health, increase your energy and get rid of those unattractive dimples and bumps. Irrespective of what your activity and fitness levels are, there are numerous muscle strengthening, toning and cardiovascular exercises which could be tailor-made for you because you endeavor to quickly get rid of your unsightly cellulite. Here’s why:
1. When we consider strength training exercises such as moderate weight lifting, resistance training and yoga,these exercises help to minimize the appearance of cellulite by improving the muscle tone and firmness. Removal of the surplus fat deposits is achieved with cardio or aerobic exercises; including cycling, jogging, hiking and swimming, etc. These are exercises that affect weight loss and shrink cellulite fat.
2. There are several anti-cellulite physical exercises such as step aerobics, chair-hip lifts, inner thigh workouts, toe touchers, hip extensions, knee lifts and glute lifts; which zero in over the muscle groups of the lower limbs as these are the common areas where cellulite occurs. Effective workouts for cellulite on arms include tricep extensions, tricep kickbacks, and bench-dip lifts performed using light weights. Effective aerobic or cardio exercises that can be included in your program are dancing, cycling, swimming, jogging, hiking routines as well as running sports like tennis, etc. The most effective one amongst all exercise routines, besides being the least expensive is walking: of which the effectiveness could be maximized using interval training by as much as 300%. More interval training information will be provided in the later part of this article.
3. Cellulite exercises for the butt area work the largest group of muscles in the human body. The buttocks, also known as the gluteal area, are typically characterized by large deposits of adipose fat – aka cellulite fat. Therefore it makes sense to target gluteal (ercices fessiers) muscles in the war against cellulite, since these will burn the most fat and affect the most visible results. The gluteal muscles are also responsible for helping other muscle groups in the hips and outer thighs to work properly. The greater your efforts in strengthening and toning this muscle group, the better your overall success will be in minimizing cellulite from the hips and thighs. One of the best exercises targeting these areas is the gluteal lift. Laying face up with one leg flat on the floor, bend the other leg so that your heel is on the ground but your toes are pointing up. Push that heel into the floor while raising your hips and straight leg off the ground. Then lower them to their original position. This needs to be done for up to 15- 20 repetitions, then switch sides. After a couple of days, you might find this exercises relatively easy to perform, so you can add another set of 15-20 repetitions to make it more challenging. Doing this exercises every alternative day for a couple of weeks will show visible tightening, lifting and toning of the buttocks.
4. Simple physical workouts tools such as rubber stretch bands and light dumbbells could help you target upper arm cellulite more effectively, and may be obtained at your nearest sporting goods retailer. Use a dumbbell heavy enough challenge you but not so heavy that you can’t execute the movement properly. Start with 4-5 lbs. You can always increase if that’s not a challenging weight. To prevent any injury, you can ask your friend to help you out at initial stages. Lie down face up on a bench while grasping the dumbbell in and overhand grip. Hold the weight with arms at a right angle to the floor, keeping elbows straight. The next move is to lower the dumbbells slowly towards your head and you can bend your arms while doing so. As the weight comes closer to your head, move your elbows out of the way to enable the weight to go down behind the top of your head. Return to the starting position slowly to complete one rep. Carry out two sets of 12 to 15 reps, every other day.
5. With the right exercises, you can reduce abdominal cellulite and develop a flat firm stomach, just like you’ve always dreamed of. Interval walking is one of the best ways to minimize stomach cellulite, get rid of extra weight and tone the abdominal muscles. A walking program for cellulite exercises doesn’t require a great deal of athletic ability, and is in fact an ideal starter plan for anyone who’s just starting to exercise regularly. But, due to the overload principle of exercise science, in order to achieve sustained improvement in exercise goals, it is important to continually raise the level of physical stress. So even if in the beginning, you acquire noticeable results from a moderate pace, after a while, the benefits from walking seem to level off, unless you continually raise the stress that walking can produce on your muscle tissues.
By alternating rapid spurts of walking with easy and moderate bouts, you can increase the amount of calories you burn before, during and after your workout, by two-fold or more. Walk off weight programs involve altering the length of your workout as well. These programs can yield noticeable results in as little as four weeks, and dramatic results after a couple of months of interval training for a minimum of 45 minutes per day 5 to 6 days a week.
If you’re willing to put in the effort to achieve your cellulite reduction goals, the physical exercises described here can help you achieve success while enhancing your overall healthiness as well as improving your stamina. Nevertheless, these procedures will not be effective if you don’t practice them persistently. Don’t fall back on the inactive lifestyle that caused the cellulite formation in your body in the first place. If you do, the cellulite problem may return back, so stick to a maintenance plan which will maintain your smooth new figure indefinitely!